Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just Buggin' Challenge #26 Emboss It!

Happy Wednesday ladies!  It is hump day and what a great day it is!  It's time for another wonderful challenge at Just Buggin'!  Today's Challenge  #26 is to Emboss It!  That's right---emboss your diecuts!
You can heat emboss your diecuts or you can run them through the Big Shot with an embossing folder or texture plate. 

Here's a big flower I made using the Walk in My Garden cartridge.  I cut out several sizes using the regular and shadow feature.  I ran each flower through my Big Shot with an embossing folder.  I used three different folders with 4 different colors of SU cardstock.  I took chalk ink and rubbed each flower to make the petals pop.   Then, starting at the bottom, I glued each flower on top of the next to build this layered effect.  After all were glued and I showcased it with a button in the middle, I bent each petal upwards, so the flower would look more open and not flat.
Products:
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up
Cricut cartridge:  Walk in the Garden
Embossing Folders:  Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, Tiny Bubbles, Spots and Dots
Chalk Ink:  VersaMagic Pumpkin Spice
Button:  Unknown
Embroidery floss:  DMC

If you have not been to Just Buggin' yet, please stop on over and check out all the great inspiration!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie

    This is lovely.

    Hope you enjoy the blog hop

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!! I love the layered look!!
    Lynne JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I am now certain that embossing will be my next craze, this is awesome!!

    Also, thanks so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog; I thought you'd enjoy seeing what else I have been up to... I am so pleased to launch a new blog - http://prettylittlepalettes.blogspot.com/ and I hope you'll join me there for some fun!

    Sincerely,
    Nikki Morrell
    http://prettylittlethingstocut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try this. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steph! I love this layered look with the flowers and how you used different embossing folders on the flowers!! Fantastic job on this week challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute, I love this idea and will have to case it for a SU workshop.

    Lisa
    JB-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool I love all the different embossing folders used together like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the detail the embossing brings to this flower! I so need to make some of these for a scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!