Sunday, January 2, 2011

Quilt Ramblings

Welcome to my Quilt Ramblings! 
     In October of 2009, I decided to buy a sewing machine.  I bought it mainly to use to sew on my cards that I love to make.  Little did I know, that I would learn to sew and quilt!  My best friend had decided to start sewing and kinda drug me into it, which I am so thankful for.  Besides doing scrapbooking and cardmaking, I love to sew and it is such great therapy!

     I have been meaning to share my sewing adventures here, but I never seem to have enough time.  Well, I am making time this year!  I am going to become a regular blogger and share not only my cardmaking and scrapbooking, but I am going to share my creations in sewing!

     So, for today, I am going to show you something I am working on right now.  This is a block I made as a sample to show my fellow quilters in my Beautiful Batiks Bee that I am in.  I am mailing out fabric tomorrow to 5 other girls and they are going to make two blocks each.  I cannot wait to see how this quilt turns out.  The block is called the Starflower and I just love it!  I decided to do reds and pinks for this quilt.  Not sure why--they just struck my fancy!  :)  There is a tutorial for this block over at Modify Tradition.


Months ago, I signed the Process Pledge, which you will see in my right hand column.  I am going to start showing and explaining my processes in quilting and I hope you will come along for the ride!

Thanks for letting me ramble! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!