Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Fun and Quiltcon Block Reveal!

TGIF!  It is Friday!

Wow!  Where has this week gone?  It has been a busy one.  My son is getting ready to go back to college next week.  Well, college is only 15 minutes from home, but there was some moving involved and lots of running around and picking up lots of stuff for him. 

I have also been working on a few projects, such as QuiltCon blocks, card samples and I am trying to finish my tote bag that I am a little behind.  I think I can get it finished today. 
Anyway, it has been busy week. 

I wanted to reveal my Quiltcon Blocks I submitted this week!  I love these blocks and may go end up making a quilt or two or three using blocks like this.  All blocks are 12 1/2 " high with various widths.  I did incorporate all the Quiltcon colors in each block that were put together in fat quarter bundles by Marmalade Fabrics.  If you haven't visited the website, please do and order from them.  They are a main sponsor for QuiltCon and have excellent customer service. 
I will be ordering from them again! 

While these blocks may not be picked to go into the main QuiltCon Quilt that will be put together for display at Quiltcon and then raffled, these blocks will end up in a some wonderful quilts that will be given to kids in Austin Children's Shelters.  This was a fun challenge and I can't wait to see all the blocks put together for all the quilts!  I was very happy to do this challenge!

12 1/2" x 20"

12 1/2" x 12 1/2"

12 1/2" x 10 1/2"


Let me know what you think of my blocks!

Have a Fantastic Friday!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blocks! The one in the middle is the one that brought me over here from the modern quilt guild website.

    (I also posted the earlier comment, but from the wrong account. Oops.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!