Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Fun and QuiltCon Block Reveal!

TGIF---It's Friday and Labor Day weekend!  WooHoo!
 
It's been a very busy, but great week so far!  I had one of my QuiltCon Challenge Blocks featured on Monday of this week, on the Modern Quilt Guild Blog for the QuiltCon Block Challenge.  It has been so nice to see all of the great blocks this week!  What great inspiration! 

Well, I got an email saying that another of my three blocks was going to be featured today! 
Today, the feature is about Stars and Points and I did a Wonky Star for my block!  Wow, two blocks in one week...I am truly humbled and I am very glad I did this block challenge.  No matter what happens with the 20 blocks that get selected for the QuiltCon Quilt Raffle, I know that these blocks are going to go into some amazing quilts that will go to the Austin Children's Shelter. 
That's is why I did this challenge in the first place!

Here is my block!

Let me know me what you think!
 
Have a great, Fantastic Friday!


3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job, Stephanie. Your block are amazing and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked the other one but since I am more into traditional, this star I like even more...you are so inspiring with your work congrats hope to see them both as winners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see your blocks. I too think the challenge is a win win with the charity quilts and a chance for us to admire them all with the daily posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!