Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

It's Thursday! 

Time for some thankfulness!

Today, I am thankful for hobbies such as sewing and card making.  I love doing both!  Sometimes hobbies are just for fun and sometimes they turn in to a career.  I love that I can make some beautiful things when I sit down, think things out and get creative!  Hobbies really are therapy from everyday life.  They allow you to get into your own world and forget the bad in the real world, even if just for a few minutes. 

Below is an example of getting creative.  This is one of the blocks I designed for the Quiltcon Block Challenge.  I will reveal my blocks tomorrow for you to see!


Today, I am also thankful for my son, who just turn 19 years old.  It's hard to believe that he is 19 and starting his second year in college next week.  Wow....where did that 19 years go?  I remember just yesterday of him being that sweet little baby that I held in my arms.  This morning, I was thinking about high school football, which starts tomorrow night here in East TN.  He was the kicker on his football team all four years.  Although, he has been out of high school for a year, it is just hard to believe that once again, I will not be watching him play tomorrow night.  A little sad, but I am very grateful for all the memories I have up to now.  We have had some great ones! 
Here's to many more in the future!

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you,
knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger
and better than your current situation.
-- Brian Tracy

Have a very Thankful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!