Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Sampler

Happy Sunday!!!
 
 
Today is such a beautiful day here in East TN!  The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and the sun is shining brightly in a clear, bright blue sky!  The above photo is of some of the beautiful leaves on my maple tree in the back yard!  I am knocking out some chores right now as I sit here and type.  I am working on laundry at the moment and have to go clean the kitchen and my table in a few, so I can get ready to cut some fabric and sew!
 
Today, I have to get some things ready for our upcoming retreat.  I have to make some decisions on what projects I am going to work on and what supplies I need to take.  I have plenty of projects to work on, but I just have to narrow them down, so I do not drag too many things with me.  Have you done that before...gone to a sew-in or a retreat and taken way too many things with you to work on, thinking you were going to get them done?  LOL  I sure have! 
 
I wanted to share a quick project I did on Friday.  This is a Trick or Treat Bag for my nephew and his first Halloween.  Now, he is only six months old, but he will will going to a Trunk or Treat at their church, possibly a Boo at the Zoo and they are going to go to a pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin!  Although he will not understand it right now, it will be some great memories.  I remember doing those things with my son and we had so much fun!  Oh...and he is dressing as Spiderman...
Baby Spidey!  He will be so cute...can't wait to see the pics!
 
This is his Trick or Treat Bag I made.  The print fabric is from Henry Glass and I bought it last Halloween.  I also used Kona Orange and Kona Coal.  I lined it with some fabric that had orange stars on a black background.  It was a fat quarter I picked up in the remnant bin at Joann's last year.  I used Warm and White Batting and I quilted it with straight lines on the bottom, which I did box in.  I also quilted the back panel in straight lines following several lines on the fabric.  I did straight line on the front print panel following those few lines also.  Then, I chose to use a big zigzag up and down the two orange panels and on the handles.  I did a very small zigzag along the top to finish the bag.  I think it turned out just adorable.  I did not really follow a pattern, although I did reference several bag making techniques to make sure I did it correctly.  The bag dimensions are about 10"x 8"x3.5".  I didn't measure it before I popped it in the mail yesterday. 

Trick or Treat Bag

Front of Trick or Treat Bag
 
Back of Trick or Treat Bag

Inside of Trick or Treat bag
 
Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!