Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Beginning of a New Adventure

Quilt Beginnings

My grandmother used to make quilts way back when.  I remember my summers growing up and going to her house in West Virginia, and it seemed that she always was sewing or quilting.  I think she made a lot of quilts and they were beautiful.  I never really thought a lot about it or really appreciated the fact that she made them...until a few years ago.  I will always have great memories of those days of visiting her house. 

Years ago, I used to work for a very well known cable tv network company whose focus is on home and garden.  I think you know the network as HGTV.  In the early beginnings of the network, there was a show called "Simply Quilts" with Alex Anderson.  One of my first jobs in the company was to watch show episodes as they came in to the library, before they aired, for any technical problems.  As one of the only girls in this department, I often had to watch all the craft shows, because the guys did not want to.  That was perfectly fine with me, because I didnt have to watch as many of the remodeling shows!  I used to watch this show and just be in total awe of all the quilts that were shown.  I thought to myself, "I would never be able to make a quilt myself!"  I never thought, all those years ago, that it would have such a profound affect on me.

  Well, that was back in about 1998.  In November of 2009, I bought a sewing machine.  My only purpose at the time was to sew on my handmade cards. LOL  Little did I know that I would soon start sewing and quilting.  I have come a long way since then and this is where you will hear all about my quilting adventures from the past few years and into the future!

Please join me on this adventure of doing something I truly love!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!