Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Sharing

Good morning to all! 
It's Sunday and it is a day of rest for me!  It has been a busy, but great weekend so far! 
Today, I plan to do a little sewing and work on a few projects I have ongoing. 
Yesterday, we had a sew-in with our Modern Guild and it was wonderful.  We started last month and taught some of the basics on how to cut, press and sew.  Yes, the very basics of how to do things the right way.  Not everyone learns to do things the same, so this was a big help for many.  The officers,(myself included), took a class in the Spring and it was so helpful that we turned around and offered this to our guild members. 
We did a flying geese pattern, so that we could learn how to do perfect points.  We started last month and yesterday, we offered sandwiching, basting methods, free motion quilting and binding methods.  It was an absolutely wonderful class.  I showed examples of a couple of things, but I also learned a lot from the other girls.

From the instructions we were given, these are the colors and the pattern of flying geese I laid out.  I played for a long time, switching the blocks around, until I finally decided on this...very geometric.  I used all Kona solids in Coal, Chartreuse, Bight Pink and Aqua...my favorite colors!


Blocks put together


Border added!


Pieced backing(I used some of the triangles cut from the flying geese and made half-square triangles and pieced them together)

Finished with straight-line diagonal quilting and bright pink binding





This wall hanging is going to hang in my sewing room, once I get one put together!
Tomorrow, I will show you some of the examples we taught and examples of the other girls wall hanging!  We had so much fun and everyone did a great job!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!