Monday, July 2, 2012

Swaps

Hey there everyone!

Hope your Monday is starting off well.  I want to talk quickly on Swaps.  I have done a number of swaps over the past few years and I will discuss a lot of them in the coming weeks.

Recently, I decided to participate in a swap that was run by a good friend.  It was a Doll Quilt Swap.  I decided to use a charm square pack that I had and did some improv piecing.  I took three charms squares in the same colorways, stacked them and cut them twice.  I switched up the pieces, sewed them together and then cut them in different shapes.  I then used Orange Kona for the background and pieced them to make blocks.  Below is what I came up with:


I also made a mug rug to go along with it!  I did straight line quilting on both.  I also took the charm squares I had left, cut them in half and them sewed them together to make an interesting binding for both.  I really enjoyed working on the project.  It was so much fun to do some improv piecing.  I named it "Big Orange Backcountry" since I live here in the heart of East TN and because we have many great backcountry trails to explore, in which you will find many beautiful flowers.  The recipient really like her doll quilt and mug rug and I had a blast making it!

This is just one of the most recent swaps I have done.  I will be talking about many others as we go along and will give you some resources to find out more. 
Join me as we dive into the fun of swaps!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!