Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Welcome to Thankful Thursday!

On Thursdays, I will be talking about things I am thankful for in the sewing world and beyond.  I welcome you to comment and let me know what things you are thankful for.

Today, I am thankful for colorful, bright fabric!  Below is an example of the the doll quilt I made recently.  I made it from a Moda Charm Pack and Kona Orange.  The charm pack had lots of different prints that I improv pieced and then I used Kona Orange for the background to make it pop.  I don't usually use a lot of more earthy, nature tones, but this was a great charm pack and I think it turned out really nicely.  My swap partner really liked it. 


Here is an example of bright colors I love and tend to use a lot! 
My favorite colors are bright blue, bright pink and lime green.  I tend to gravitate more to these type of bright colors for a lot of my projects when I can. 

When I decided to do my wall hanging, I knew I had to do it in the colors.  I used Kona Bright Pink, Kona Chartreuse and Kona Aqua and then paired it with Kona Coal.  I will be hanging this in my sewing room soon.  I just love this...so bright and fun!


There are so many fabrics on the market from solids to prints and soon I am going to go through my stash and take pictures of some of the fun fabrics I have, so that I can share with you. 
I have lots of projects in mind, but now I just need to find the time!  LOL 

If you are thankful for bright, colorful fabric,
leave me a comment and let me know some of your favorites!

Have a great Thursday and be thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that first one looks familiar :-) I do love it, and have it hanging above my sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!