Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Mayhem

It's Monday!

I hope your day and week are starting out to be great ones!  As I type this, I have about a million things I need to put on a list and get done!  Ever have those days, weeks, months?  It's going to be a busy one!  LOL  I was in kind of a funk this weekend.  I just didn't feel quite up to par.  I was a little tired and run down, but I think I finally am feeling better today!  I know I am going to be busy and I think I am feeling like I can do it this week!  At least I am telling myself that and staying positive about it!  :)

I wanted to post a couple of pictures of some of the things we did at our sew-in this weekend.
We went over sandwiching a quilt, thread basting and pin basting.

We talked about free motion quilting

Here are some different examples of free motion stitches that our guild president, Emily, put together.

We talked about squaring up quilts

We went over different methods of binding quilts.  This one is using a binding tool for your machine.

We went over hand binding, which is the traditional method.

I went over machine binding, which is what I demonstrated using a decorative stitch!


This was such a wonderful day of learning and sewing and I am so grateful to our girls in the guild.  We all learn so much from each other!

Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!