Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday!

Today, I am thinking about starting something called Thankful Thursdays. 
I thought it might be nice to say what I am thankful for here in the sewing world and beyond.

I am really thankful for my best friend, Michelle, because she talked me in to buying a sewing machine and taking classes with her to learn to sew and quilt.  Originally, I was going to buy just a cheap little machine so that I could sew on my handmade cards.  I had no intention of sewing or quilting.  But, Michelle got me thinking about it and I decided it would be fun! 

So, it's not been quite three years ago, but I have come a long way since then.  I have taken a few classes and helped found the branch of the Modern Quilt Guild in our city.  I have made some baby quilts, throw size quilts and joined some different online swaps and bee blocks swaps.  I have made some wall hangings, pillows, place mats and tote bags and I love it!  All of these things have really helped me to learn more and to grow in this hobby!

Even though Michelle is not sewing right now, due to being a full time working mom, she still loves it and wants to get back to it soon.  Never enough time in the day to do all that you want.  Hopefully soon, she will be able to get in her sewing room and be able to have the time she would like, to sit down and sew again.  She really enjoys it and I am so thankful to her for getting me into this hobby!


Sew, tell me what you are thankful for!
I really enjoy it and I am so glad I am on this sewing journey!

Have a happy day!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful friend. She sounds like loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a wonderful friend...we do have way too much fun when we get together!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!