Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Patriotic Quilting

Happy 4th of July!

One of our local fabric shops, Olde Time Fabric Shop, had a Patriotic Quilt wall hanging contest.  This is my entry.  I used a Moda Bake Shop pattern called American Glory for this wall hanging.  I had to reduce the block size just a little to come out with the dimensions I needed, in order to enter it in the contest.  It measures approximately 27" x 44". 

I used Moda's Kate Spain Terrain Fern in Stream(Blue) for the stars and backing.  I used Reunion Vanilla & Cherry Johnny Jacks and Cherry Johnny Jacks by Sweetwater for Moda for the stripes, backing stripe and for binding  I also used Robert Kaufman Kona in Bone for the background.

I had a great time putting together this wall hanging.  I took me a while to figure out what I was going to do and even longer to find just the right fabric.  I absolutely love this fabric!!!






This wall hanging was displayed in the fabric shop during the whole month of June, along with seven other entries.  Patrons of the shop were able to vote on the entries during the whole month.  As it turns out, I just found out on Monday, July 2, 2012, that my entry won 2nd place in the contest!!  I couldn't believe it...WooHoo!  I am so honored, as all of the entries were absolutely wonderful!  Thank you to the ones who voted and to our shop for hosting this contest! 


Also, thank you to all who have served and continue to serve our country!

God Bless, America!

Happy July 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!