Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Mayhem!

It's Monday!
 
Just a quick post today!  Time to start another wonderful week.  Well, as much as I had hoped last week would be extremely productive, it was not.  I did not get near as much done, but that happens sometimes.  This weekend was not extremely productive either, but it was a pretty relaxing weekend.  I tell you more about my weekend later. 
 
I have been sharing several of my local modern guild's charity quilts.  This is the latest one and this one is going to be sashed in Navy Blue Kona and will have a pieced backing with several blocks and Kona Coal.  We decided to do this quilt a little different.  We asked our members to do improv blocks and this is what they came up with.  These blocks are all so different and they are gorgeous!  This is going to be one great quilt!  I have the privilege of sewing the blocks together with the sashing.  We had a sew-in last week and we laid all the blocks down so that we could arrange them and this is what we came up with.  It will have the two inch Navy sashing between the blocks.  Once it is finished, it will go to our quilter to be quilted and then I will bind it and our guild will send it to its new destination here in town!
 
 
Let me know what you think!

Don't forget to check out the lastest QuiltCon Blocks at Modern Quilt Guild Blog!
 
Have a Marvelous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!