Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tribute Tuesday

Today is Tuesday and it's Patriot Day...
a time for remembrance.
 
Eleven years ago today, on 9-11-2001, our country was attacked by our enemies and we have never been the same since.  I remember that day well.  I worked for a major cable network company here in East TN and of course, we had access to satellite feeds.  As soon as the attacks happened, we, in the editing department and engineering, had all monitors tuned in to the major networks.  My son was in 3rd grade at the time and was at school.  I have never been so stunned and in shock, as that morning.  All I could think about at that moment, was that I wanted to hold and hug my son.  I called the school, as did many other parents, and they were all safe and well taken care of.  He was in a Lutheran school and they were watching what was going on, but they were also saying many prayers throughout the day.  I went to pick my son up that afternoon and probably gave him one of the longest and biggest hugs I had ever given him.
 
We had family in New York City, so we were extremely worried.  I was also worried that more planes would strike more major cities like Atlanta, where one of my sisters lived.  To add to that worry, my other sister and her husband were in Omaha, NE in the Air Force at Offutt Air Force Base, where President Bush was re-routed in all the chaos.  Needless to say, I was a mess on the inside.  Luckily for all family members, everyone was OK.  They were the lucky ones. 
 
There were so many that lost their lives in the attacks and so many families that were directly affected. My heart goes out to all the families who lost love ones in this senseless act against of our country. I want to say Thank You to all who died for our freedom and to all who continue to fight for our freedom. We should never forget this tragedy.  It has touched each of us in some way.
 
 
This photo reminds me of the hope rising from the dust. 
Raising this flag from the rubble showed me that we are a country of hope and faith. 
Through tragedy, we have risen from the ashes and will remain strong.
 
 
 
This photo is of the 9/11 Tribute Lights in New York City where the World Trade Center stood. 
9/11/2001
Always Remember...Never Forget!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!