Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Sampler

Happy Sunday!

Good Morning!  I hope your weekend has been great so far!
 
I have some juicy fabric to show you today for our Sunday Sampler.  I'm sure most of you, by now, know about QuiltCon, The Modern Quilt Guild's inaugural quilt convention in Feb. 2013.  There are going to be lots of classes, lectures, fun and many modern quilts! 
I am so excited to be able to go to QuiltCon! 
 
There are going to be quilt submissions for the show and several challenges have been issued for submissions also.  One of those is the Dear Stella Fabric Challenge by Dear Stella Fabrics.  The challenge is to create a modern quilt with their line of Maasai Mara line in either the Yellow/Gray or Blue/Green Colorway.  You may use coordinating prints only from Dear Stella and you may also use coordinating solid fabrics from other companies.  This is going to be a fun challenge! 
 
You could submit to get a free fat quarter from Dear Stella and this is the one I received:
 
 
Here is the fabric I ordered from the Maasai Mara line.  I decided to go with the Blue/Green colorway and I just love it!  I ordered from Sew, Mama, Sew! and got a great deal and it came in no time flat!  Great customer service!
 


 
This is not the complete line, but it is most of it and I cannot wait to start creating my modern quilt for the challenge!  Fun, fun, fun! 
 
If you haven't checked out all the fun that will be going on at QuiltCon, you need too! 
I promise that you will not want to miss out!
 
"God is with you always. Simply turn your face to Him." 
~Kirpal Singh
Hope you have a Super Sunday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!