Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Sampler

Happy Sunday!
 
I hope your day has started out well.  I wanted to share one of the charity quilts our Modern Guild did recently.  We asked our members to put together a Nine Patch Block with Kona Coal as the middle block and to use blue and green solid or print fabric for the other eight blocks.  Once we collected all the blocks, we cut them and made them into disappearing nine patch blocks, arranged them and then they were sewn together.  This is the beautiful quilt that appeared.  It has been been quilted and given to our charity to a deserving recipient.  I love how this quilt turned out and I love that our ladies are so giving with their talent and time.  It is truly a blessing to be in such a wonderful guild and to be able to give back to our community!
 
 
"The manner of giving is worth more than the gift."
~Pierre Corneille, Le Menteur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope I have inspired you just a bit! I appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you will come back again soon! Have a great day!!!